The Franklin House was built in 1746 by Alexander Schaeffer.
Its exterior walls are of uncommon thickness and its arched and groined cellar shows solid and artistic masonry
which many sightseers have admired. During colonial times the hotel was called "The King George;" after the
Revolutionaery War, it became the "George Washington" and then the "Franklin House." In 1884 it was
remodeled and greatly enlarged, but its original walls remain the same.
The Franklin House in 1900.
The Franklin House in 1905. The owner was H.R. Miller.
The buiding to the right of the Franklin House served as a livery stable.
Patrons have been served for many years at the Tavern.
Everyone is always made to feel welcome!